Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Weather in Adelaide

The seasons in Adelaide are the opposite to the seasons in Korea. That's why nowadays it is summer in Korea but winter in Adelaide. When I first arrived in Adelaide, I didn't feel that it was cold, but as time passed, I felt it is much colder here than I expected. I had heard that it's not as cold in adelaide as winter in Korea, so I didn't bring my winter jacket or some warm jumpers. However these days I really need my winter jacket to endure winter in Adelaide.

It feels as though it is winter now, people say it is just the start of winter. So now I wonder how much cold winter in Adelaide will be. I comparison to winter in Korea, winter in Adelaide might not be as cold, especially as without snow, but the wind might blow hard. Sometimes heavy rain might fall so people can feel much colder than the real temperature. Winter in Korea, is extremely cold with the temparature lower than 0 degree. Snow falls, and people have to wear very thick clothes to keep warm.

Today in Adelaide, heavy rain fell, the wind blew hard and sometimes there was thunder, so I knew it was getting colder and colder. I am not used to the weather in Adelaide, especially winter cold or long. However as I have to live for the next 9 months, I must get used to that. I don't know how cold or long the winter in Adelaide will be. Whether my supposition is right or wrong, I hope quickly adjust to the environment in Adelaide.


I want my time in Adelaide to be memorable and enjoyable, and so the sooner I adapt to the weather here compared to that I am used to, the better it will be for me.

No comments: